Football Queensland’s commitment to enhancing referee development has led to the formation of a statewide Referee Academy for promising and dedicated young match officials.
The new program will enable the next generation to learn and develop as part of a supportive network while gaining valuable advice from experienced coaches.
Applications for the Referee Academy are now closed.
Candidates who don’t fit the criteria but show aptitude and determination to develop as a referee are encouraged to apply.
- 16 – 22 years of age
- Must have completed at least a Level 4 course and are committed to reaching Level 3 or higher
- Must have the support of a local Referee Development Coordinator or registered assessor
- Have 2 to 3 years experience as a referee but not limited to those referees who show determination, aptitude, drive and commitment to improve
- Must be available to attend training and coaching sessions, workshops and the State Referee Seminar
- Commitment to training at home and with the local group
- Commitment to a minimum of 2 years to the program